Saturday 12 January 2019

Hall Farm Bridge to Badgers Oak Tunnel [part three]


It must have been quite a sight in Victorian times looking up from the wood towards the top of the embankment to see a train hauling its wagons to the highest part of the line. Finally, the industrial revolution had reached this part of Kent!




                           The land around is rising up again as we approach the tunnel.

There was one more area of fallen trees that went on for about 40 meters and had yet to be negotiated (I have learnt to take my glasses off in these situations since loosing them in similar terrain north of Horsmonden tunnel) and then more swamp before the tunnel was reached.



                             Badger Oak Tunnel looms into view as we enter the final cutting.




                                          A view from the side of the track bed.

I know that I have gone into a lot of detail but experience has taught me that this could all be gone tomorrow.
I would rather have too many records of what was left as at January 2019 than not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment